The NSW Government has opened up a new round of grants for community projects. You can now have your say on which projects in Hornsby receive funding as part of the My Community Project. Cast your vote online (search for Hornsby) or in person at Service NSW.
Two projects have been shortlisted in Pennant Hills:
- Pennant Hills High School Cricket Training Nets
Cricket training nets that will support student and community needs. Provision of quality facilities supporting active and healthy students.
- Stop the Summer Swelter and the Winter Freeze at St Marks
Air Conditioning will attract more people to the social, developmental and spiritual programs at St Marks. Programs are open to all.
Why should you vote for one of these projects ?
- Students need to develop health and well-being through sports. The school teams and community deserve access to training facilities.
- Our community is at the forefront of encouraging girls and boys competitions, social teams, together with developing all abilities.
- We do not have enough facilities to sustain growth. These new nets will help cater for our community needs.
- Activities at St Marks are popular across the whole Pennant Hill’s community, including playgroups, kids/youth, families, seniors and new migrants.
- Improved facilities, especially with respect to temperature environment will enable greater utilisation of a useful and valued community facility.
- St Marks can’t do this alone. Help us so that we can continue to serve our great Pennant Hill’s community.
More detailed project information is available on the web site, https://mycommunityproject.service.nsw.gov.au/projects (search for Hornsby). To vote, you will need to log in to your Service NSW account.
If you can’t vote for any of the above two Penannt Hills projects, consider voting for one of the other projects in our Shire.